Cannot use Dashlane Extension anymore

First topic yay :slight_smile: (PLEASE SEE COMMENT FOR UPDATE)

Could not move extension directory into profile
Can be replicated by:

1. Attempting to download Dashlane from Chrome store

Expected result:

Extension Added

Additional Information: I’ve always been able to use Dashlane but as of a few days ago it’s completely stopped being available. I’ve Uninstalled it, Reset my settings in Brave, Reinstalled Brave, Cleared All Time cache and cookies, and searched endlessly for a solution. Can someone please help? If I don’t get a solution I’m going to have to discontinue Brave, as Dashlane has all my passwords and switching to and fro another browser just to use my normal sites or readjusting my password host to Brave is too much work…

UPDATE***

I discovered after several tries of troubleshooting, that in my downloads folder, the extension was being deleted each time it was downloaded. There was no message that my downloads were being auto deleted in my browser. I attempted to download the file and place it into the directory itself which didn’t work but I noticed that Brave mentioned it was a file that hadn’t been scanned.

Resolution: I use Aura, an Identity Monitoring and Protection service. They also scan my computer, etc, like Windows Defender. I turned off the antivirus and online security and attempted to reinstall Dashlane Extension and was successful. I turned both services on after logging into Dashlane.

I hope this helps others in the future with Dashlane issues like mine.

Thank you :smiley: