Can’t figure out how to access extensions or confirm they are working

Description of the issue:
I use Dashlane to keep track of my passwords and payment information, and at some point recently Dashlane stopped working. This morning I decided to look into it, and I realized that I can’t find any menu choices related to extensions whatsoever. I’ve seen mention of a “more tools” option in the menu, but I don’t see that, and I also don’t see anything related to extensions in Settings dialogs. How can I confirm that Dashlane is installed, working, and logged in?

How can this issue be reproduced?
Click on a field that is supposed to be auto-filled and nothing happens. Also, look for any menu choices related to installed extensions.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.46.2 (23.1.10.20)
Mobile Device details
IPad Pro 3rd Gen running iOS 16.2
Additional Information:
Dashlane requires signing back in every 14 days so I need to see the “D” icon on the top of the browser to know whether it’s logged in or not but I don’t see any installed extensions at all.

Not to reply to my own posts, but after I posted this I went to the Dashlane site to see if perhaps I needed to re-install the extension or something and after logging into the site through their 2FA, I noticed that the pop-up for “passwords” popped up when I clicked on the login field again. So I suspect going to the site may have re-installed/refreshed the extension. But the fact remains, I see nothing on the search bar about extensions, no menu choices, and no “more tools” menu choice. How are you supposed to manage extensions in Brave?

I’m not sure it’s possible to install or manage extensions on the mobile versions of Brave.

1 Like

Hello @bpitas, thank you for contacting us. You can’t install extensions in Android/iOS as of the moment. Brave developers are waiting on some Chromium upstream changes so they can introduce support for extensions. Hope this information helps. In the meantime you can try with this or other password managers that can work according your needs. Hope this resolves your concern. Regards.

I’ve had the same issue. Is this detail- that extensions can’t be loaded— mentioned somewhere that I missed? If not, I suggest that it would be very helpful to others to know this. I’ve spent hours looking, searching ready reinstalling, and restarting.

Apologies if I did miss it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.