Cannot drag-&-drop in Brave since ~ 2/13/2021

I’ve been dragging-&-dropping files in and to Brave for as long as I’ve been using Brave. This is done on 2 monitors, typically with image files. For the last week or so, when I drag an image file from one monitor into the other (the “other” of which is a tab opened in Brave), instead of dropping the file, Brave displays a black circle with a line through it - indicating without words “No Dropping of the File”!

I’ve experimented with two different web urls to determine whether it was the url I was working with or if it is all urls, thus meaning it is a problem with Brave. This is occurring with all urls; therefore, it is Brave.

I looked up this issue here (didn’t find anything current) and also online in general - found nothing. I even had an online chat with a friend who uses Brave. I decided to run the function under the “Reset Setting” section called “Restore settings to their original defaults”. That did nothing to change the issue.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this so that Brave will again accept drag-&-drop files?

This is on Windows 10.
The “About Brave” says it’s up to date. Version 1.20.108…
Thank you.

1 Like

I have the same issue, most notably with google drive. It always used to work, but recently not so anymore.

@gingi35,
Apologies for the late reply – can you confirm for me that you’re still encountering this issue after updating to the latest build (v1.21.74 at the time of writing this)?

If you are still having this issue, can you tell me what the URLs you were using to drag/drop images in-between were?

Thank you for replying. I am still having that issue and Brave is on v1.21.74 now. I just tried a drag-&-drop and I still get the black circle with a line through it.
(1) Dragging a jpg from Windows Explore to Later.com - it no longer will drop the file/image. (It’s app.Later.com/further-in-their-website)
(2) Dragging a jpg from Windows Explore to https://www.inpixio.com/remove-background/ -it no longer will drop the file/image.

1 Like

Also drag and drop into Jira attachments does not work in Brave
Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)
. running on 10.15.6 version of OSX.

The last time I typed an update here was on March 10, 2021 and at that time I still couldn’t drag-&-drop files in Brave. One to two weeks ago (around the last few days of March 2021) I tried it again and it worked! Magically, it worked. I have no idea why I could suddenly drag-&-drop files from one monitor to the other, and ‘to’ a web page using Brave. No idea. It would be nice to know why it suddenly started working correctly. Otherwise, it can stop working at any time and I’ll still not know why.
Would anyone from Brave like to look into this? Some people are still reporting here that they cannot drag-&-drop files. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.