Cannot disable long press google search in Mobile Browser

I’ve tried to go into settings but now whenever I highlight a word the google search window appears at the bottom. Furthermore, sometimes when I highlight a word…the highlight will automatically expand to other text images…basically makes it impossible to precisely highlight something. Started recently.

In screen shot below I highlighted only the Chinese text, and then it autoexpanded the selection to the image as well as some following text. Seems like its part of some automatic search feature.

1 Like

Hello there @sdub, please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Please provide the following information in order to investigate further:

1. Description of the issue:
  2. Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):1.2.3.
  3. Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
  4. Expected result:
  5. Reproduces how often:
  6. Mobile Device details and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
  7. Additional Information:

Be waiting for your response.

After disabling the script blocker, I no longer have this issue. Can mark resolved.

1 Like

Hi again @sdub glad to read the issue was solved, if you encounter this same issue again or have other concerns, please let us know.

Regards. :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.