Description of the issue:
My Brave is set at Zoom 110%. I started to see the issue a week ago. The layouts of most webpages seem to be off, meaning that I cannot use my mouse to aim at the web objects accurately. For exmaple, when I move my mouse to a hyperlink, it is not clickable; when I move my mouse to some desired text, it is not selectable; when I move my mouse to a checkbox, it is not checkable. Sometimes I can move my mouse a little away from the desired object to accurately touch/access it (example image shown below), but most of the time this trick does not work. I need to set Zoom to 100% to make everything back to normal.
Brave Version( check
Always updated to the latest version.
Now Version 1.42.86 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)
I am not seeing this particular issue on my end when I set my zoom level to 110% (or higher, or less). I’m wondering if you have any extensions installed in the browser that may be causing a conflict here?
I already turned off all the extensions, but the issue remains. Not all web objects are unaccessible. About 70% can be accurately aimed at, and 30% cannot. It’s random.
It may seem that way but I’m not convinced it’s random. Can you confirm whether or not is is specific sites that observe the issue or if it is not related to the site content at all?
Additionally, I would also like you to try creating a fresh profile and testing to see if you get the same results when using that profile?
It’s observed not only on specific sites or specific contents; it can occur on any websites.
I created a fresh profile and the issue remains.
Well this is very strange. I’ve reached out to the team about this because I’m really not sure what’s going on here.
In the meantime, would you mind trying one more test for me? Simply try downloading the Beta build of the browser and test to see if you see the same behavior when using the Beta. Note that downloading/installing the Beta will not delete or overwrite any data from your current installation.
Freshly installed Beta build. Imported bookmarks from Edge, but uninstalled all Extensions. The issue remains.
This issue seems to be OS related or cross-application. I found some of my other apps buggy (one of them, which is a communication software, also showed some unclickable hyperlinks), so I removed and reinstalled/upgraded them. Then the issue of un-aimable hyperlinks on Brave just disappeared automatically.
Sorry, I couldn’t find the exact cause of this problem.
No worries — I’m just glad you were able to figure it out. And that we didn’t have another bug on our hands to address
Thank you for the update!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.