Can I use VPN on brave and still participate in the rewards program? I don't think it's anything to matter

I have seen many people talking about issues with vpn.Is anything wrong about using a VPN?

No!!! You cannot, Brave might flag your account

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with using a vpn. I run 3 devices, all with VPN on at all times. I have never had an issue in over a year using brave. As long as you aren’t trying to bypass an unsupported region or do something else that is against Brave guidelines, you will be fine.

2 Likes

They will likely end up flagging you since there are people who abuse the rewards by using vpn to get rewards. I suspect that maybe this is what happened to me once. I couple times I launched VPN I forgot to shut off Brave until I realized it was still open a minute or two later. Just a hunch, but I now make sure to double check before launching my VPN, and then use Vivaldi and Firefox.

2 Likes

I still using Brave but in a private window (no rewards there) :wink:

1 Like

Only reason I use Brave are for the rewards. Vivaldi so much better browser, which is why I use it when I use VPN. If Vivaldi had rewards I’d be there in first beta.

As @Herrvader said, VPNs are fine. I also run one 24/7 on one of my machines. Just stick to your own region and there shouldn’t be any problems

2 Likes

same, never had a problem with using VPN. It’s all about unsupported region.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.