Brave browser bookmark search from address bar is wonky

Hi Brave Team,

I am using latest and greatest Brave beta version and noticed little wonkiness with bookmark search from the address bar.

Let’s say I create a bookmark and provide a label as “ABC Reset Token Test Access”. Searching for just - ABC or Rest or Token works fine and shows the bookmarked link. But searching for just Access does not show the corresponding bookmark!!

Verified same thing works fine in Firefox… Not tested on Chrome though.
Kindly enhance the bookmark search feature to work nearly perfect as we always cannot search for first 2 or 3 words in the bookmark label…

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Create a bookmark with label “ABC Reset Token Test Access”
  2. Search for Reset or Token, it shows the bookmark
  3. Search for Access and it does not show the bookmark

Expected result: Should show the bookmark even if I search the very last word in a typically long bookmark label.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.42.65 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community. Can’t help with your issue but I do have some questions if you don’t mind. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. What do you do to search bookmarks from the address bar? I tried adding a bookmarks search to search engine settings using brave://bookmarks/?q=%s and that didn’t work. Didn’t pull up anything but folders instead of urls. How did you enable this function?

2. Does enabling this setting at brave://settings/appearance change anything?

I think testing in Chrome might be more relevant than Firefox to determine if this is a Brave problem or a Chromium problem. If you let me know how to set it up, I will test! lol

If you think this is a bug, you could create a Brave GitHub issue report. If not, you may want to move your topic to the Brave Search/Search Feedback category or the Feature Request category. You can edit (pencil icon at end of topic title) this topic to change the category.

If you are looking for a solution, hopefully a more knowledgeable community member and/or Brave support can help! :smiley:

See the screenshot from my Brave Beta’s Settings–>Appearance section…

Verified in Chrome and it seems to work there. Please check.

@Mattches @steeven @SaltyBanana
Tagging moderators who may have more information.

Posted issue report link from Brave GitHub that may be related.

@xofim47108 Your issue may need a Brave GitHub issue report created if it is not related.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.