Bookmarks do not appear in address bar

Description of the issue:

I would like to access bookmarks by typing in the address bar. Autocompletion for the relevant bookmark appears, and you press TAB to use that URL. Many browsers, e.g. Chrome, and Safari, allow you to do this. I have important bookmarks into Brave, but for some reason when I type into the address bar, only a small subset of possible bookmarks appear. For example, I have a lot of bookmarks beginning “2021”, but when I type “2021” in the address bar only one of these appears.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

As per above.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Only a limited number of relevant bookmarks appear.

Expected result:

I expect a number of relevant bookmarks to appear.

Reproduces how often:

Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Version 1.16.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Big Sur 11.0.1

Additional Information:

Okay. While typing the beginning of a bookmark does not bring up all relevant bookmark, typing some text from the middle of the bookmark does. So I can find relevant bookmarks by typing in the address bar, but it does not work in the way I expect. It would be great if there was a way to tweak the bookmark search to maximise the number of hits. But I don’t think that this can be classed as a bug.

P.S. for some reason, there was a duplicate folder when I did the bookmark import. When I remove the duplicates, bookmark autocomplete in the address bar is working better, bringing up more relevant bookmarks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.