Bug Report: Brave Browser Crashes on Fedora KDE

Description:
I am experiencing a recurring issue where Brave Browser crashes immediately after pressing Ctrl + Shift + N to open a new private window. This issue occurs consistently on my Fedora KDE system.

System Information:

I don’t know what’s happening , but never experience any issues like this with brave till now.

I hope i have provided all the necessary information , Any help or information is appreciated.

Thank You

1 Like

What is missing is information relating to Brave’s crash reports. You get this by going to brave://crashes.

If you see it say Send Now then you’ll need to click on it and close the browser for up to about 30 seconds. Then open again and return to brave://crashes.

What you need to copy/paste is the Uploaded Crash Report ID. (to clarify, not the Crash Context ID, but the Uploaded Crash Report ID)

I’m also going to ask:

Does this only happen when you use the keyboard commands to open a new private window? For example, if you choose by right mouse click on the icon on your taskbar and open private window, does it crash? Or from the hamburger menu?

Lastly, would you be able to check on Brave Beta or Brave Nightly and see if this same behavior occurs?

Thank you for replying.

When i tried to recreate it now , it’s fine , its not crashing anymore (lol). I don’t know what was happening but here’s the report:
crash/7f090200-0b43-c10a-0000-000000000000

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.