Brave crashes on Ctrl+N and Ctrl+Shift+N

Description of the issue:
Brave often crashes when a new window is opened using Ctrl+N or Ctrl+Shift+N

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch Brave
  2. Visit any website, then press Ctrl+N or Ctrl+Shift+N to open a new window.

Actual Result:
A new white window opens for less than a second, then Brave crashes entirely. After a restart, a notification asks wether to restore the previously opened pages. This works.

Expected Result:
A new window should be opened

Reproduces how often:
About 50% of the time. I’m not entirely sure, but it seems that Ctrl+Shift+N is worse than Ctrl+N

Brave Version:
Version 1.43.93
Chromium: 105.0.5195.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)
running on Windows 10

Additional information:
New windows (normal and private) can be opened without crashing using the Brave menu.

See if the steps on the page below help →

1 Like

@Grinsekotze Do you have crash file here- brave://crashes/. Can you try to send it from there? Then refresh page and once it gets uploaded, check developer option there and post Upload ID here.

Do post an update.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This did solve the problem. It also solved a little issue that I didn’t even perceive as a bug before: In a two screen setup, new windows would always open in a weird position and at a size which was wider than one screen. That never bothered me much but it is also fixed now.

The subfolders in the CertificateRevocation folder were named 7601 and 7602 in my case, I deleted everything except the LICENSE file in both of them

3 Likes

Glad that I could help !

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.