Browser using way too much memory

Description of the issue: I have been using Brave for over 3 years now and have never had this issue. But since a month, the browser has been using way too much memory.

How can this issue be reproduced? This issue has been more impacted if I leave my browser window minimized for long periods - like overnight or unclosed window for several days. Even if the number of tabs are less than five, it still shows massive memory usage and that keeps on gradually increasing.

Expected result: The window crashes and I have to restart the browser and restore my work.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.52.126 Chromium: 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I have attached a recent screenshot of the incident where I only had 3 tabs open in a singular window overnight. The crash report ID of the instance is ce620300-c244-490a-0000-000000000000

1 Like

Use Chromium/Brave internal task manager (shift+esc) to know what is exactly using memory.

Anyway, not used memory is memory wasted, but you are at the limit when I would say you should take a look at it.

It is probably an extension, did you test disabling them? private mode? a new profile?

That’s why knowing exactly what is using memory is crucial. Only Edge can display correctly in Windows task manager, so you need to use the Chromium one.

I rarely close my browser, usually when I update Nightly from time to time, and I never see a lot of memory usage, just the normal and my memory usage stays at less than 50%.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.