Is this a memory leak?

Description of the issue:
The memory usage of “Extension: Brave” gradually creeps up over time. I have enough free ram though so it runs fine
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Throughout the day I noticed this happening from normal browsing, but I just left the browser idle with this page open for a while and I came back to see it using another 150,000k of ram
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Edge uses much less ram than brave because its ram usage doesn’t creep up like this
Reproduces how often:
Every time I use the browser
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 11
Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This is interesting because I have been having issues with Brave crashing due to memory run out. I operate on 4GB ram without using a page/swap file. It also started for me with the version you provided. I am on Win 10. At one point after a restart of the PC, Brave crashed just visiting a youtube video (the first page I visited). Do you happen to have Malwarebytes installed? It started for me after they had a components update (to components package version 1.0.1689). However I can’t be sure if that is a cause because I had only been using the latest Brave 1 or 2 days before that Malwarebytes update, and furthermore do not remember if I had done any long browsing sessions or anything intensive like YT videos beforehand that would exacerbate a memory leak issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.