Browser is having issues with wss (websocket secure)?

Description of the issue:
I noticed that logging into https://video.ui.com doesn’t work in the browser even with shields turned off. Below is the request within the dev tools that is failing

REQUEST HEADERS
GET wss://device-airos.svc.ubnt.com:8848/api/airos/v1/ufv/events HTTP/1.1
Host: device-airos.svc.ubnt.com:8848
Connection: Upgrade
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36
Upgrade: websocket
Origin: https://video.ui.com
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
Sec-WebSocket-Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: permessage-deflate; client_max_window_bits

RESPONSE HEADERS
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 22:51:43 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 12
Connection: keep-alive

I can use chrome with no issues. Are there any workaround to this problem?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Not sure you can repo the problem directly unless you have an account with this service.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
It doesn’t error and prevent it from loading

Reproduces how often:
Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, 1809, 17763.593
Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

cc @Mattches @gsarvadnya @sriram on this

@sflanders,
Can you try disabling HTTPSE upgrades in Default Shields settings? This wouldn’t be a real solution but I am curious if that what may be causing the issue.

Same issue occurs with those turned off. I actually tried that originally to see if it got past the problem

@sflanders,
Do you have any additional extensions installed in Brave?

just lastpass and session buddy

Same issue here.
The Udacity workspace do not load, apparently due to a web socket issue.

URL: https://classroom.udacity.com/courses/ud891/lessons/7962031279/concepts/dbec00f3-607e-4bce-8509-0c868d6c91f0?bounced=1568767285550

In console, the ws is not able to get the authorization (maybe from cookies), even though all shields are already disabled.

Same here… Lastpass is throwing websocket connection failures all over the place… Happens on multiple systems…

@leandrw,
Shields down did not render the site as intended – however, if you put Shields Up and change the cookie option in the Shields panel to Allow all, the site renders as intended:

@Yep,
Are you referring to the LastPass extension or the website? If the website, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the console view?

@sflanders,
I also see this behavior, however, I was able to sign in using the method mentioned above:

Shields down did not render the site as intended – however, if you put Shields Up and change the cookie option in the Shields panel to Allow all, the site renders as intended

Can you test and confirm that this works for you?

These settings appeared to make it work. Basically had to also do the “All device recognition attempts allowed”

@sflanders,
Thanks for confirming. That makes sense given the nature of the site – it will need to get some data about your display in order to draw everything on screen correctly.

It’s the extension. The websocket failures show up on background.html. Sometimes the failures are timeouts. Sometimes the failures are for reasons “UNKNOWN”. I’ll grab a screenshot of it the nest time it happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.