Browser history suggestions while private

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

I have all cookies, tracking options, and search suggestions disabled in regular and private Brave browser modes. My search history and cookies are cleared. While in private mode… after reading Reddit posts, closing Brave, reopening Brave, opening a fresh search, then beginning to type Reddit… the last Reddit page I viewed becomes available as a quick search option.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. See description.

Expected result:

No quick search option based on my browsing history should be available!!!

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Downloaded today. IOS App Store.

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

@michal just wanted to tag you in on this so aware.

Update: from creator,

I believe it’s possible my Siri search suggestions are the culprit. I found this option in my IOS settings and disabled it. I have not been able to recreate the issue since.

Specifically I Disabled-> Siri & Search → Show Suggestions and Show Recents.

1 Like

Thanks for the details. We will investigate it regardless

1 Like

Ok so we fix it in private only browsing mode. If you don’t enable search suggestions, history from regular mode will not show up there anymore

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.