How to disable searching history?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Browser always store and shows last searching history

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Type anything for searching
  2. Open new tab
  3. Tap address field

Expected result:
Clean page or some recommend links

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Android 9

Additional Information:

1 Like

Pricolist,

You are using Brave (for Android mobile phone) version 1.34.81; while I only have Brave (for iOS iPhone) version 1.34.1 . . . so, some of the following settings info might not apply to your Android 9 mobile phone.

–

Disable Settings >> GENERAL >> Show Last Visited Bookmarks

–

Enable the following 8 items at

Settings >> Brave Shields & Privacy >> Clear Private Data:

Browsing History
Cache
Cookies and Site Data
Downloaded files
Brave News
Playlist Offline Data
Playlist Media & Offline Data
Recent Search Data

and then click on “Clear Data Now” and then “Yes, Delete”

–

Test “Private Browsing Only”

Settings >> Brave Shields & Privacy >> OTHER PRIVACY SETTINGS >> Private Browsing Only (toggle that - test ON - test OFF).

Brave does not store History when “Private Browsing Only” is switched ON.

I have already tried all these methods. This only clears the history, but searches are still saved. This did not happen in earlier versions of the browser.

Pricolist,

I suspect that some of the trouble, might have started when Brave engaged its own Brave Search Engine in the mix.

I prefer to use the traditional entry field of a Search Engine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.