I have researched other threads on the issues with GPU drivers and driver failures. It appears, many times, that the only solutions are to disable HW acceleration in the browser, get a better driver, or check for Hardware issues.
This time, I found another workaround, disabling “Windows full-screen optimizations” in the Compatibility settings: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disable-fullscreen-optimizations/ebf99ed2-f838-495e-b1b3-483a7ff2d268
I have an AMD Radeon GPU and an integrated GPU that switches on the fly. I never had problems with crashing until V1.22.71. There was a slight delay, though, every time I started the browser. Everything works now when I disable full-screen optimizations, and the delay is gone. I simply don’t know if it is on Brave’s end, or the driver’s end, or hardware, which is highly unlikely since Brave is the only program that had this behavior.