Brave's Passwords Manager doesnt show up any password

Hi, today Ive opened Brave and ive found myself logged out on everything. So I went on the Brave Pass. Manager and there wasnt any pass saved. The only thing i could have done was “Import passwords” bc the Export one was locked since there wasnt any pass. So I went on the data directory and there were all the files with the data, 3 called like this: Login Data, Login Data_private (im not sure about the private but it was something with the P), and one called Login Data_journal (not sure about this neither). Anyway, ive copied on the Desktop the file called Login Data and opened it with Notepad++ and ive seen there were all the links of my saved pass plus other encrypted texts, so ig it was the right file. Ive tried renaming it .cvs or .backup as ive found on Google and tried to add those files but it didnt work out, so ive checked if there was a Brave’s update and there was. After the update nothing changed. I see that my pass are in the file Login Data but Brave doesnt read them, I can save new passwords but the old ones doesnt appear

Idk how did this happened

My Brave version is the 1.49.128 Chromium: 111.0.5563.110 (Official Build) (64-bit), but idk which was the previous one

2 Likes

@steeven @Mattches please can you assist? Thanks!

Hi there @Alvy please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Please double-check that you are located on the profile where your information is saved, to do so click on the icon next to the hamburger menu, under other profiles, make sure you do not have other profiles on Brave.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Btw no, Ive checked and I only have one profile

1 Like

@Alvy please do the following to repair Brave files to see if you get your passwords again.

1. On your PC Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
  2. Select Brave
  3. Select advanced options then select repair/reset depending on the one available to select.

Let me know if that works.

@Kevin_cc , I can only uninstall

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.