On the Mac version, when you “Drag and Drop” the URL off the location bar to the Desktop, you get a “.webloc” file. Works fine.
Drag same webloc onto Brave.app’s icon → launches Brave, opens that specific webloc.
Drag folder containing that webloc on open Brave.app tab bar → Generated webpage of contents with links (all fine). But if you click on the webloc files, you get the raw XML that is their contents. Not a connection to where they link to
Also: Add folder to my bookmark bar, open from bookmark bar, same “raw XML” instead of “Go to link”.
- Go to https://community.brave.com/
- drag to Desktop. → Results “Brave Community.webloc”
- drag Brave…webloc to Brave.app → opens fine.
- New Folder “TEST”, add webloc to folder.
- “TEST” to “Brave.app” → no response. Fine.
- “TEST” to tab bar of open Brave → new tab " Index of …Test/" Fine.
- On that page is “Brave…webloc” … and it opens as raw XML
- Same results if one saves the “Index” to the Bookmark bar.
Expected results: Open the darn webloc. Or. If you prefer something else, save to that format when drag-and-dropping.
Using https://brave.com/latest/, Mac OS 10.15.02
(Drag and dropping from ‘About Brave’ to here didn’t bring down the build number either. 106.0.5249.103 (Official) (x86-64)