Brave won't install

Win 7 64-bit
I downloaded the installer, ran it, window says installation complete. I click on close, but Brave does not open when installation is finished as instructions say it will, and in fact, I can’t find Brave anywhere on my computer. Deleted installer, redownloaded it and tried again. Still no go. Why won’t Brave install on my computer?

Hi @ArlisT, welcome to Community!
Does Brave not show up when you search for programs and files?

That would be a big ‘duh’, Aaron. What sort of person who would make such a complaint without having actually searched for the program? Says it’s installed, but doesn’t open like your download and install instructions say it will. Of course I searched programs and files very first thing. Then I deleted the installer and tried it again, to no avail, then I rebooted my computer and tried it again. Finally I wrote in hoping someone could tell me what might be conflicting with your installer; not so someone could write back with how I might have overlooked the very most basic thing even a total moron would think of.

I also have tried to download … Only get the “Save” option … tried several times … no go … finally went to actual page listed on the little window and got this info … What does it mean?? …

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

AccessDenied

Access Denied

1577FB83FDD25AD3

8TjgyKs3ASe5tQjDCeAnFvdqT1Dp7rs2LeTHlW9e5Stfr/R0UarxHHshSGKp1kwpAUi6UXkMW4w=

What build channel are you installing?

Have you tried searching with command prompt? Run dir *brave*.* /s /p from your root directory.

What URL are you downloading Brave from?

I was on FireFox … finally got the installation bar … installation was complete … used the lion icon to call up the browser … only got a black screen

I’m downloading from https://brave.com/ . Still using Windows 7, so as a security measure I never download from 3rd party download repositories. The page auto-detects the download version for me. Also, I’m using Firefox latest version.

I never even got the lion icon, not as a desktop shortcut, not in my start menu, not detected in programs and files search.

okay. I ran dir brave.* /s /p , got this:

Went to each of the indicated directories/folers/files - still can’t find the actual browser, though apparently something was installed on my computer?!?

I also am using Professional 7 … The program does show up in my list of computer programs … I will continue to try to work on this … I think something is blocking the program … this current lap top does not have the AVG security that my other laptop has but that one is in the shop for a fan replacement

My laptop has Professional 7, and Brave installed fine on that and is working. I have VPN and Malwarebytes running during the download and installation. My desktop has Win 7 Home premium with same vpn and malwarebytes - all the same browser extensions like adblocker and tracker blocking - but brave does load on the laptop, but not the desktop. I just want some hints as to what might be blockg the installation.

Can you try following the link and downloading BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup32.exe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.