Brave with the shield up makes most web pages just a wall of text and makes Youtube unusable

As mentioned, disabling the easy list filter fixes my problem.

3 Likes

Thanks; I will try this. Glad it wasnā€™t just me!

Thank you! This worked.

Confirmed this fixed it for me also.

Thought it was a Brave update but the timing didnā€™t match. Lookks like the Easylist Cookie list was just updated (https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-cookiemonster.txt - Updated: 2024-01-06 00:30 UTC).
To make things worse, I had to create this account on Firefox because I couldnā€™t even get braveā€™s own sites to load with shields down!

1 Like

Has anyone else here had a problem with youtube not allowing a sign in after removing the malfunctioning list? The webpage loads now, but attempting to sign in causes it to lead to an error page.

I have the same issue. It just happens I donā€™w know how, but the solution works. Thank you!

Can anyone report the issue to EasyList? I am waiting on my forum account on their end to be approved by the admins so I can report it. Would appreciate if someone else already has an account and could report it. I donā€™t see a report over there right now.

1 Like

Literally created an account just to comment on this post. Thanks. The solution worked for me.

Turn easylist back on, it is working again with it enabled.

1 Like

Can confirm. EasyList is not breaking websites anymore. I turned it back on again.

fantastic, this works, thanks so much!!

back to normal now, at least for me (with shields up and easylist cookie filter on) - youtube works and everything else as normalā€¦ wow what a 20 minutes!

I have the same issue, using the temporary solution, but I would like the ultimate solution.

Having the same problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.