Synced Windows to Mac; something went horribly wrong

Description of the issue:
I started using Brave on Windows 6 months ago. 1 month ago I started using Brave on Mac as well, but I didn’t know about sync so I just synced my old Google Chrome bookmarks (the ones I used when I initially set up my Brave on Windows).
I discovered sync today and I started a sync chain on Windows. I put in the code on my Mac and it seems that, instead of Windows being the main device that Mac is supposed to just sync to, the reverse happened: It seems Mac became main and Windows synced. And I lost about 5 months of saved bookmarks/history/etc.

Is there a way to reverse this sync, or to restore old bookmarks? I realize now that I probably should have opened a fresh brave and used sync on that, I realize now I made a mistake.

Version 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Devices used: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

What happens if you try to leave the chain?

Left the chain. The situation stays the same, it just stops future things that are done to be synced.

I hope the developers respond, maybe something like a a wayback machine like on Windows exists perhaps…

That totally sucks…

Lets just wait for a MOD to respond then. Maybe search YouTube for something like “Recovering Bookmarks” sometimes it solves my problems…