Brave sync code doesn't work

I recently installed Brave on my pc. At first, I did the sync with the Brave on my other devices. It worked. But then I accidentally removed my pc from the list of devices that are synched. So, the sync was gone and since then I tried to re-sync it but with no success.

I used the code, copied it and wrote it myself, checked the spelling and possible mistakes, but it is correct. Then, an error appears that says this particular code is invalid. I tried many times, even removing and reinstalling Brave.

How can I get the sync for my pc again, if the code can’t be changed and it is not possible to scan the QR code from Windows Brave? Neither there is a paired email adress I could use.

The sync codes are the 24 words that were originally in your sync code and a 25th word that changes on a daily basis. I believe you can get the 25th word here: https://alexeybarabash.github.io/25th-brave-sync-word/

Still, it says the code is unvalid. I hope it’s not because I removed my pc from that list of devices. But that would make few sense. I can wait until tomorrow and try with the new 25th word

Hello @yeory

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Before suggesting a solution just one question, did you check that both devices have the last version of brave?

Be waiting for your response!

Hi, I just checked it and there are no updates available

edit: I accidentally wrote “now” instead of “no”

The today’s code worked. Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Hello @yeory

I’m happy that for now the issue is solved, if you have any additional question or the issue comes back let us know.

Happy new year! :wave: