Brave still doesn't allow my screen to go ti sleep

I’ve been having this problem since 2021, and still today is happening, and my computer doesn’t show any other thing to solve it. It happens always when i left Brave Browser Opened, only this browser , Is there someone with a solution?

Original from November 21:

When i’m ussing brave, and sometimes i close my laptop, but without close Brave, it doesn’t go to sleep, or turn the screen off.

The problem occurs if left open Brave, but i’m not using the computer, it doesn’t allow to turn off the screen, go to sleep or supend. This doesn’t happened with any other browser, that if you leave the computer turned on, but you don’t use it, they allow sleep mode.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Version
Versión 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Not with Chrome? Typically this has been a Chrome issue, with various solutions in the past. Such as you can read at https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/jaylee/article/Check-settings-to-get-Chrome-to-go-to-sleep-10633307.php which should be able to happen with Brave.

Other thing is in the past, it’s because of extensions that were running browsers that kept it up. It’s been over a year since I helped someone with it and it took a while, but I just remember person on Mac ended up discovering some extension was the culprit. So you could test that.

Other little things which might play a part, though I doubt, would be perhaps toggling the Continue running background apps when Brave is closed, except you’re saying issue is because you’re keeping the browser open.

Then I’m honestly not sure if Rewards might keep running or if it would go to sleep. I mean, assuming it’s up and running, it would be serving to do checks and send you notifications.

As you can tell, I don’t quite have a solid “answer” for you. Just a bunch of guesses. Not sure anyone else might jump in with specific ideas either.

Safe to assume you’ve been updating this and it’s no longer this version, right? lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.