Brave stating that Gemini is not available in my region (Canada) when setting up Brave Rewards

I am not able to set up Brave Rewards on any of my unconfigured devices as of a few days ago. When attempting to connect Brave Rewards to my existing Gemini account, I am told by Brave that Gemini is not available in my region (Canada).

This is frustrating because documentation for both Brave and Gemini state that it is available in my region, so I am not sure why my option is being grayed out.

I have tried this same thing on many of my devices, including Windows, Linux, and Android systems. All are running the latest version at the time of posting: 1.56.20

My understanding of a Brave Rewards profile is limited as I’m new to Brave. My understanding is that each installation of Brave has its own rewards profile. I’m unable to connect a custodial account to hold the crypto, so I suppose that makes it unverified. My Gemini account itself is verified, but I’m unable to verify my Brave Rewards account on the local machine because the option to connect to Gemini is blocked out.

I’ve not received any payments from Brave rewards yet. I was able to successfully configure two separate devices to link to my Gemini account approximately 5 days ago, but I have not been using Brave long enough to have gotten a reward.

I am not using any VPN, whether built into Brave or otherwise.

Again, both Brave Rewards and Gemini’s online documentation state that Canada is a supported region.