Brave Search still answering with AI despite the setting being turned off?

I have encountered a peculiar behavior.
Despite having turned off the “Answer with AI” setting, I still receive AI results for certain questions (and no, they’re not from CodeLLM).

A query that I have found that will ALWAYS generate an AI answer for me is searching for “Verwendungszweck englisch”. Here’s a screenshot:

For other queries, it usually works fine to not receive an AI answer, but certain ones seem to ignore the setting (even reloading or re-enabling and disabling the setting doesn’t remove the AI answer).

I would appreciate it if you could fix this issue.

yes - first it was possible to deactivate that AI-icon but now its always active red although in the settings its deactivated … and when you ask for something “rare” most of all in another language than english then the entire blinking and hopping AI circus-search starts and its impossible to get rid of it – and of course they aleays collect our search to feed this monster because it cannot grow and work without food – so every deactivation never really is one – I want a version without this monster in - no matter if it can be “deactivated” or not

I am going to test LibreWolf now … they promise not to collect anything and dont have any AI … and also offer all blockers - the blockers were the only reason why I used Brave - I never wanted all that stuff they included step by step …

@MQM thanks for sharing. I was able to replicate this as well today. I relayed the concern to Search team. Sorry I missed your topic from back in July. It popped up in recent due to @ajaccio bumping your topic via replying and now hopefully getting it to the right people for them to figure out what might be happening.

Now EU is going against Google because AI is violating user privacy rights – and this concerns ALL AIs – also Braves !!!
Will become expensive if they dont stop forcing it on European users !

European regulators crack down on Google’s AI systems

The Irish Data Protection Commission accuses Google of not assessing how the gathering of Europeans’ personal data to develop one of its AI models could threaten fundamental rights and freedoms.

The potential violation of the European Union’s privacy data protection regulation could lead to a multimillion-euro fine of up to 4% of Google’s global annual revenues.