Brave search settings revert to default when Edge browser closed

I am using Brave Search as my default search engine in the latest version of Edge Browser 102.0.1245.41 (Official build) (64-bit) in an ASUS notebook computer with Windows 10 64bit

When I do a search I click the gear wheel at the top right of the Brave search page and use the slider to select Open links in new tab, and to change the theme to light. However, if I close the browser and reopen it, the settings revert to the defaults and I have to change the settings again - every time I reopen the browser. Frankly I would prefer to se Brave Browser as well, but the number of visible tabs is too limited for my needs. In Edge I can use the sidebar.
Question: How can I make the settings re main even after I close the browser?

Brave Version (check About Brave): I do not know the version of Brave Search - only that it is a beta.

Windows 10 64 bit

@caughtintheact

Some setting in MSFT Edge, is possibly clearing the source of the Brave Search (beta) webpage cookie(s).

Thanks for the recommendation. I had all the settings as on the Trend Micro page, except for the brave search cookie. I added that under allowed cookies, but that did not change anyting after a

@caughtintheact

Repeating: Some setting in MSFT Edge, is possibly clearing the source of the Brave Search (beta) webpage cookie(s).