Brave search hangs; yields no results; "your connection to this site is not secure"

Description of the issue:
Brave search hangs with no results (occurs with any search); occurs using URL bar or search.brave.com

“View Site information yields”: “your connection to this site is not secure”

Any other search engine works fine

Brave Version (check About Brave):
Version 1.61.109 Chromium: 120.0.6099.144 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Operating System:
W10

1 Like

I have been experiencing this issue on the IOS Brave app. iOS 17.2.1, Brave app version 1.61 (23.12.18.22)
A little grey exclamation point in a circle comes up to the left of the URL at the bottom, and if you tap on it you get a message about the connection not being secure. Sometimes this resolves itself and it continues to the site, sometimes it hangs. If I reload it sometimes it will go through. This makes me uneasy as it should be secure since it’s https: Even the Brave community webpage did this-- seems like every webpage is doing it.

Similar here. I have just resolved this issue to a degree by using a System Restore back to Dec 15th. This restored the Brave search feature, but it remains slightly slow. Microsoft has been performing regular and significant W10 updates since the beginning of November. Since that time, things have slowed down with lots of high CPU events as well.