Brave Rewards profile flagged, do I just wait?

My Brave Rewards profile was flagged. Not sure why as I don’t use a VPN and my selected country matches my real one.

Anyway, I haven’t really done anything to remedy this since the message also states:

No action is required on your part. Your Brave Rewards profile will be automatically reevaluated on a regular basis to determine when (or if) the flag can be removed. Please try again every so often to see if the flag has been removed.

But is this true or do I actually need to create a support ticket? I’m asking because I think it’s been at least 2 months since this happened, possibly 3, and my profile is still flagged. The weird part is that I still get ads sometimes.

1 Like

@lowrider it’s true but not really. In a recent discussion with some of the staff at Brave, they advised that it really does automatically reevaluate, but the timing varies. There have been people who waited over a year before it decided to remove the flag. This is something that might change in the future.

In the meanwhile, what is suggested is that you create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so someone from Support can try to look into it for you. After their investigation, they’ll let you know if they will reinstate your account. If you’re told it won’t be reinstated, they will not explain anything as to why you were flagged or anything and it will be a final decision (so no more tickets or complaints will change anything).

NOTE
Only create one ticket. If you use multiple devices, you’ll find that all your devices that are linked to your Uphold account will also be flagged. This is because it now links you on a custodial partner level instead of browser profile as it used to. Some people think they need to do tickets for each device, but that’s not the case.

It doesn’t matter if you’re flagged, you still see ads. You just can’t earn. You can always turn ads off if you’d like. All ads you see will act the same as for someone who is not connected, meaning it will go to Creators and Brave. You just won’t earn for yourself.

1 Like

I’m getting tired of being flagged randomly for having the audacity of simply browsing the internet…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened either. Before that I’ve been using Brave with Rewards on for over a year and receiving regular payouts without issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.