Brave rewards on Android do not offer to link with Bitflyer

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave Rewards on Android does not offer to link custodian to Bitflyer (i am resident of Japan) but only the two others, which are not valid options for me from Japan. Desktop version on Linux is no problem

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Brave 1.46.134
Android 12

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? no

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? Never

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? No

Are you using a VPN? No

**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes: Japan. But the language of my phone in Android is set to French as first choice, English second, Japanese third for info**

Thanks!

Hello,

This is likely due to selecting a region outside of Japan.

Can you create a new profile and let me know if you are able to verify? Please make sure to select Japan as your region.

Thank you

One thing to keep in mind is that Android tends to combine device and Locale into one. We had someone before who had chosen English-IN rather than English-US and it was enough for them to have issues. In the English-IN it was seeing English as language but then India for locale. Once they changed it to English-US it was able to see them as actually here in United States and it they were able to finish verifying.

Brave would be using the Locale provided by your Android to determine which to show you. So make sure you do have Japan chosen for that, even if language is different. At least, that’s old solution.

______-

Alternative might be as Evan123, mentioned, since the newest Brave update requires you to choose your country in Rewards. It would be nice if that would automatically adjust what they show you, but I’m uncertain.

I’ve been looking for that. We can’t create a new browser profile on Android, can we?

My apologies, I missed the Android part. No, the browser would need to be reinstalled if on Android.

Thanks for catching!

Hello Evan123 and Saoiray,

Thanks for your replies which gave me very good clues on what to do.

Re-initializing brave reward into Android was not enough. After your messages I did uninstall but ended up with same situation with bitflyer not showing in the list of custodials to link. So I did reinstall again (actually I did only clear all data and forced stop, but that’s more or less the same thing for android), but moved up Japanese in first language in Android before launching Brave.
I was then finally able to see Bitflyer as an option (the only one actually), but clicking on it was doing nothing. Then I went to the reward menu and activate ads. The options to select reward country poped up. Selected Japan, and then I could finally click on BitFlyer option and link it with my account.

I did switch back phone with Japanese as a secondary language, will see if Ido get some ads and rewards or not now (There are not so many in Japan anyway, I got one only in the last two weeks on desktop version :smiley: ). But it does looks alright, thanks for your assistance. And I hope these explanations can help others.

My 2 cents : It would be better to list all the custodial exchanges available whatever locale brave will detect. Anyway, you need to have a valid KYC, so you will not be able to link one that is not available where you live.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.