Much of the discussion on Brave Rewards focuses on publishers, and very little on users. Yet, for users things are not easy at all and it would be great if Brave could:
(a) create a very simple and very visual guide on how to use BAT rewards
(b) conduct a thorough usability assessment of the page brave://rewards
Here are e.g. some issues I am confronting as a user on brave://rewards:
- there is no menu item in Settings to get to brave://rewards (also called “Reward Settings”). I can only get there by clicking on the triangle on the right of the URL bar
- why do I have to claim extra BAT tokens and are they not given automatically?
- why is the minimum BAT token contribution different depending on the profile I have (I have two profiles on Brave - a personal and a professional one - and the minimum is 15 BAT in one and 20 in the other)?
- are all sites listed under “Supported Sites” sites that have signed up to BAT Rewards? So can I assume that they all receive BAT rewards, correct? Even though my list contains some rather obscure sites that are unlikely to have heard of Brave? If not, what happens to these tokens - who gets them in the end?
- how can I easily see which sites have really signed up to BAT Rewards?
- a contribution went wrong a few months ago due to lack of funds, so now I am stuck with a next contribution date of November 2018, that I cannot change
- “Exclude this site” doesn’t work. It just opens us a pop-up but doesn’t eliminate a site
- copying the URL “brave://rewards” results in a paste “chrome://rewards”. I don’t want chrome.
- the Tips section is not working at all