Brave randomly stops taking keyboard input

At random times, the Brave browser stops taking keyboard input, either from physical or virtual keyboard. The behavior happens randomly, and the only way I can find to fix it is to completely close all browser sessions and re-launch them. This is very annoying because all in-progress browsing sessions are lost and many are unrecoverable.

Reproducing the issue: Since this happens randomly, the only way to get it to reproduce is to wait patiently.

Result: the only way to enter text into anything in the browser (text fields, address bar, keyboard shortcuts, etc.) is to copy it from a text editor and paste using mouse-clicks.

Version 1.12.112 Chromium: 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I noticed 1-2 times the same problem on windows 10. To solve it, copy the URL and paste it in new tab.

Same issue here. Copying to a new tab or new window doesn’t help. Keyboard input is frozen to every open window and tab, including incognito ones.

Maybe has something to do with downloaded files? I noticed a particularly quick freeze (time between browser restart and freeze was a minute or two at best) when I was manually downloading RadioLab episodes that I was behind on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.