Brave crashes when one extra tab is loading

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

**Description of the issue: **
Brave crashes unexpectedly and randomly when loading an extra site in a new tab or window
How can this issue be reproduced?
Load many sites and at some unpredictable level, it crashes

1. I have many tabs open in Brave (about 250; please don’t ask me why). At some point, if I click on a link (either in a Brave window or outside of Brave), instead of opening it, I get the beachball and after a long while, Brave crashes. It seems a random problem.
  2. When I restart Brave, I reload all previously open windows and tabs and it usually works for a while. Then the same thing happens.
  3. I would say this happens about 5 to 10 times a day.

Expected result:
Expected result is

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave is up to date Version 1.40.107 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:
Mac OS Monterey 12.4, MacBook Pro (16 inch 2021) Apple M1 Max, 32 GB memory

I’m tempted to believe that this is simply the result of having too many tabs open at once (and subsequently too many processes running). If I understand correctly, you’re saying that a new tab opened to any site has the potential to trigger this?

Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.