Brave provokes bluescreen and/or freeze my laptop

(Sorry if my english is not good enough)

Description of the issue:
When I use Brave, this one provokes bluescreen or freeze my laptop.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
1 - Open Brave
2 - Make any research on the navigator
3 - Brave crashs and take my laptop with.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Code error bluescreen :
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Expected result:
Using Brave normaly

Reproduces how often:
Each time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I don’t know but the lastest version that I downloaded was on the 7th december.
I don’t post this topic on Brave navigator.

Additional Information:
Others navigators (Edge, Chrome) work perfectly on the laptop
I’m French.

I salute the Blue screen as we call it can be Generated for these Reasons:

Memory Failure: By having enough processes that one way or another explore some sockets on your Memory Card and this Collapse.
Recommendation: Take it out, clean it with a WHITE CREAM Eraser and then put it back on

Lack of Drivers: On your computer, your Windows or Operating System may be lacking Drivers and cause the blue screen.
Recommendation: Download or search DriverEasy on YouTube or Google and install all the missing drivers.

Hard Drive Failure: Upon completing all the processes, your Hard Drive may be wrongly connected or is starting to Fail.

Recommendation, Do maintenance on your computer since the problem is caused by one of those 3 options, if you have more doubts or questions, do not hesitate to ask here we are.

Thanks for the response.

I started to install drivers which were found by DriverEasy. For now, DriverEasy asks me to install the driver “Intel® Watchdog Timer Driver” instead of “Motherboard resources”. The thing is there are 8 “Motherboard resources” in my system device tree and I don’t know which one I have to replace. I searched on google and I found on reddit a guy who says to don’t do it. Here : https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/a9ln3n/which_motherboard_resources_should_i_update_to/

So I’m a little bit lost, can you help me with that ?

Search Youtube Driver Easy, download the Full Premium + Crack version, it contains Installer and you will have all your downloads in seconds.

1 Like

And about the fact that some people say it could be dangerous to use this kind of software ? Specialy with driver of motherboard ?

What is your opinion about that ?

I recommend DriverEasy since it has always worked for me, it is a Script that I have never had problems in any way, I have tried with others which damage the system completely, DriverEasy provides the best Scanning, and the drivers ready to download, it does not have a bad reputation and it is free of Malware.

In my case I recommend it, and if you want to look for the Drivers that reflect you at the time of the Scan manually you can do it, but DriverEasy gives them to you at that time and from official pages.

I updated all drivers and nothing change. It’s still crashing. The thing is that I bought this laptop on the 3rd of December. It is all new.

@ObyDop,
Is Brave the only application that is crashing, or do you see the same behavior when you open other browsers/apps? I would suggest testing to see if Chrome also crashes in this same way.

Only Brave, it works perfectly on Chrome.
I can see an high use of “System interrupts” (I don’t know if the translation is correct) in the task manager when it’s happen : something like 20% of CPU. I read on the internet that thing never use above 0.3% of CPU

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I think it solves the problem, I’m using Brave for 15 min now and it works perfectly. I search what was the utility of the Hardware Acceleration and it says that is usefull to increase the performance of the navigator. It reports that there is probaly an issue with the Graphic card driver.

Do you know if it will possible for me to use Brave with this Hardware Acceleration on ?

Drivers can be tricky - I just recently had a situation where I installed a driver from the motherboard manufacturers website and it took my machine down and I had to reinstall the OS

Some drivers are just fine using what Windows finds automatically. In fact, I’d say that most are. With video though, you may need to find a specific driver. What type of video card do you have @ObyDop? I would highly recommend to go to the manufacturer website for the video card (AMD, nVidia, Intel, etc) and download the specific driver for your card (and restart)

If that doesn’t solve it, I would also try in Chrome to see if it happens there. Chromium has a list of excluded GPUs where it’ll automatically disable Hardware Acceleration based on the card or the driver identified. If it is failing in Brave, it’s likely failing in Chrome too. For these, it would be good to turn on error reporting in Chrome and send the report, so that they see the crash. I can help create an issue in Chromium issue log if you see it there too (as Brave doesn’t have any specific video modifications)

Please let us know
Thanks
Brian

1 Like

I have an Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and a NVIDIA GeForce MX350. I’ll try your suggestions.

I don’t say it upper but thank you guys to helping me. Appreciate !

Edit : The Hardware Acceleration is activate on Chrome but it works perfectly

1 Like

I updated Graphic card with manufacturer website and nothing change if I use Brave with Hardware Acceleration activate, it is still crashing. Everything works perfectly on Chrome with Hardware Acceleration activate.

1 Like

Interesting… the only thing I can think to check would be to visit chrome://gpu in both Chrome and Brave and compare the results side by side. You should see a difference in Brave and I’m curious what that would be

If you’re not sure how to compare, there’s a Copy Report to Clipboard button you can use- just attach both and specify which is Brave, which is Chrome

Hi everyone, sorry for responding late.

So I returned the laptop and I think the issue was coming from the hardware part. Now I’m using Brave on my old laptop and it’s working perfectly.

Thanks for your time.

Take care !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.