Brave Playlist Not Working For Most YouTube Videos

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
When adding a youtube video to playlist, 90% of the time the video does not work. When attempting to play it, the video has no duration, stays on a black screen, plays a short beeping noise and ends.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Add a youtube video to playlist
  2. Go to playlist and try to watch it

Expected result:
The video is added to playlist and plays properly.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPhone 14 Plus

Additional Information:
This issue only arose within the last couple of weeks, prior to this all videos worked as they should. The only thing I changed was making a new folder within the playlist and moving existing videos to it. But even after reinstalling the browser, and reseting playlist in the settings the issue persists.

Edit: Upon checking the app store I have noted that the notes for the latest version say “made some improvements to playlist” I can only assume this is what has broken it.

1 Like

Exact same issue here, when you open a YouTube video it won’t play and you can’t save it for offline use. This used to be possible some weeks ago.

Device: iPhone 12 Pro

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.