Starting today (no changes made to my Mac - no patches, no software updates).
Opening a new tab and typing in a valid URL - hangs until page stall box appears. Same with clicking on a URL that opens a tab - the tab opens, remains blank, and eventually hangs, never displaying any data.
- All extensions disabled.
- Re-downloaded and re-installed Brave. No change.
- Rebooted. No change.
- Cleared all cache and cookies. No change.
- Tried creating a new profile - but that window remains blank and hangs too. Finally I got a new profile built - the same delays happen there too.
- No CPU hogs in Brave Task manager.
- If I exit and restart Brave - it takes many minutes to start. No idea why. The dock icon doesn’t start bouncing right away like a starting-up app - it bounces after about a minute.
After starting Brave, many minutes go by… then a blank grey window. If I click on Tab on the menu bar, my list of tabs appears, but Brave does not actually show the tabs and their content - only a blank grey window.
Brave Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (x86_64)
MacOS 10.15.7 on a 2019 MacBook Pro.
**Additional Information: other browsers perform quickly and as expected. Doubtful that DNS or Internet connectivity is responsible. I had to do this on another browser.
P.S. Cautiously optimistic that I may have solved it. I removed and reinstalled Cylance and everything seems fine now. Cylance was not reporting anything with the browser, but upon removal, the above-described problem immediately stopped. Upon reinstalling, it’s still fine. Fingers crossed.