Brave notifications on windows taskbar while playing game in fullscreen

Description of the issue:
I have dual monitor setup and for some reason when i launch any game in full screen on my main monitor there is bright pulsating brave notification on second monitor that wont go away until switch off fullscreen in game
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Have 2 monitors
On secondary monitor launch a twitch stream with brave window fully extended
On primary monitor launch a game and switch it to be display in fullscrren mode (black desert online in my cause)
When game launches in fullcreen mode there will be pulsating brave icon on windows taskbar on secondary monitor

(Sometimes it does it and sometimes not, it always works with twitch stream being open on second monitor.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Info on how to change settings so it doesnt happen
Update if needed?
Reproduces how often:
Always with twitch being open
Randomly with other sites
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 newest update, Brave v 1.1.23
Additional Information:

@Irvashi,
Thanks for reaching out. It seems that I don’t get the results you do.

When I tested, I put up a fullscreen twitch stream on monitor 2, and opened up Magic the Gathering: Arena in fullscreen mode on my main monitor. Everything seemed to run as expected. I’m wondering if its specific to the game? Have you noted that this happens with other games in full screen as well?

Also, have you checked to see if there are any prompts or alerts in Brave when this happened? For example, if the site (twitch in this case) is requesting permission for something, the Brave icon would display in this way, to call you attention to the browser as an action is being requested.

Hi,

I just tested other games and the same thing happens not only with twitch but with just any brave window opened. If i open the game in fullscreen from launcher it works just fine but then when i alt tab or change from fullscreen to windowed this pulsing notification shows up all the time in any game. I cleared permissions and that still happens. Also set brave to run in compatibility mode with Windows 8 and it doesnt happen in that mode but brave is glitched then so ye

@Irvashi,
To confirm, this is the notification you’re referring to?

Yes thats the notification im referring to

@Irvashi,
Do you have Twitch notifications enabled? I’m wondering if the chat messages that come in during the stream provoke Brave to alert you that somethings “happening” on the page.

I dont have any special twitch notification enabled. I tested with other games and sites anyway and this notification shows up with any site opened. I just upgraded my windows 10 2 days ago and guessing windows just doesnt like it as in windows 8 compatibility mode this notification doesnt show up. For now i just disabled windows taskbar on second screen for now as nothing i tried worked

@Irvashi,
I apologize for the inconvenience.
It’s strange that I can’t seem to reproduce the behavior. I’ll reach out to some more team members and see if anyone else can though. I do appreciate your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.