Brave not autofilling username or password field

Since about some months Brave doesn’t autofill the Username and Password fields on some websites, e.g. https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de.

It started at about the same time when the key symbol in the website address field was introduced. All autofill settings like mentioned as a solution in threat Brave not autofilling in username or password are set, but this is not the solution to solve the problem. It might be that it’s appearing only if you have more accounts on the same website (this is not 100% sure), but on these sites it’s extremely annoying and obvious for me.

Usually if one visits a website for login and selects the username field with mouse click, the field is highlighted, and username and password fields get filled with saved account data or offers a selection of the different available accounts.

Not at these problem websites: neither the username field nor the password field is clickable, it also doesn’t get highlighted. If you ignore the non-reaction, click the unresponsive field nevertheless and write 2 or 3 starting letters of the username, they are invisible, but after about 15-20 seconds the right username and password appears.

Because of this some weeks ago I already deleted all Brave settings und folders from my account and started a fresh Brave install from scratch, but the problem is still present and annoying.

Brave Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
System: macOS 10.12.6 Sierra

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.