Brave News newsfeed doesn’t work

*after a few updates my brave news no longer works. It buffers indefinitely. When I first installed brave (on version 1.31), over a year ago, brave news worked perfectly. Then sometime in late September or early October of 2022, I noticed when I closed all of my windows and brought up the brave newsfeed, It continuously buffers and never loads the news from the checked sites I’ve chosen. Whats up? Why is it no longer loading the sites I’ve selected to receive news posts from? Please fix. Thanks.

Did you try turning news off → closing Brave → Launching Brave again → Turning on News ?

Yes. It didn’t work. At this point it seems that since it used to work perfectly. And now It buffers, I believe I might have to delete app and reload it.

Does clearing Cache work ?

1 Like

@Kdono I just tested on my iPhone and can’t replicate the issue. Everything loads smoothly. If you would, I’d like to get some extra details.

• What version of iOS are you using?

• What version of Brave are you using?

• Are you using wifi or mobile data?

• Is Brave News the only thing not loading or are you experiencing difficulties on other sites/pages?

Clearing cache is a great idea. It may have worked. Thanks for the feedback. I deleted the app and reloaded it and everything appears to be working as advertised not sure what happened but I’ll see if it continues to work. Thanks again.

Clearing the cache may have worked but I deleted the app before seeing it. Now that I’ve reloaded the app the sites I want to see news from are working once again. I was probably something in the cache was messing it up. Alls good now though. So thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.