Brave News no longer works on Android 13 after update

Dear Brave Community,

I have a problem in Brave Browser after updating to 1.51.110 on my Android 13 phone.

Since then I can’t read anything in Brave News.

Turning Brave News off and on again does not fix my problem.

I have attached some screenshots of my problem.

Thanks

update: the Brave News load to infinity… Without success.

2 Likes

Hi @Danny101, can you update to the latest version https://brave.com/latest/ and let me know if the issue has been resolved? Thank you!

I have the same problem.

I keep Brave up to date always and have been having the same problem for a while now on both windows and android using Nightly and the standard browser, but its far worse on android. I also noticed when the news feed doesn’t load the BAT triangle menu is not responsive either. Currently I find if I close all pages, then relaunch the browser it usually fixes it (but not always -sometimes have to give it a couple of goes). It’s a bit of an annoyance but I thought it might just be me, so hadn’t reported it.

1 Like

@bree74321 @Thrive can you confirm your current Brave version?

On Windows

Brave Browser: Version 1.52.119 Chromium: 114.0.5735.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Nightly: Version 1.54.35 Chromium: 114.0.5735.90 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

On Android

Brave Browser: Version 1.52.120 Chromium 114.0.5735.90

Nightly: Version 1.54.35 Chromium 114.0.5735.90

On Android:
Brave 1.51.121, Chromium 113.0.5672.163

Android 13; Build/TP1A.220624.014

*It works periodically but not all the time. I don’t know what triggers “buffering”. When I open a tab, the page would load but most of the time it doesn’t load/show the page correctly.

@Thrive just to confirm are your issues with Brave News on Android Nightly or Release?

My issues are on Windows (Nightly and regular Brave browser) and on android (android nightly and regular brave). I confess I am not sure what you mean by release?

It’s the “current” version of Brave. I’m pretty sure you know the difference of them all, but if not can see more at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017916752-What-is-the-difference-between-Nightly-Dev-Beta-and-Release-builds-

I knew of the different browsers yes but was confused by the term ‘release’. So at least I can confirm now I have the problem on both release and nightly, both versions installed on 2 x windows, and 1 x android devices.

Hello.
I had reported this 2 months ago.
Nothing was done…

As a developer im embarrassed on how much time you take to ammend such a simple issue.

Im a Linux and Android User. The bug occurs on both systems.
Specially when you add your custom RSS to the news feed.

1 Like

For the record, no extensions except Last Pass, no RSS or other custom feed, no VPN or customisation whatsoever to either browser.

I’ve experienced similar problems (infinite loading loop and empty Brave News page) to the ones described in the original post. I am also using an Android 13 phone and Brave is on version 1.52.122

Although I cannot provide a solution to this problem, I have found a workaround that makes it usable again: SettingsBrave Shields & privacy → section: Clear browsing data → option: Clear browsing data → time range: All time

Would be interested to see if this also works for others. :slight_smile:

Update: Mine works now / loads properly.

I uninstalled, then installed Brave again. News progress circle goes on forever.

Brave 1.52.130, Chromium 114.0.5735.198
Android 13; Build/TQ3A.230705.001

1 Like