Brave Needs Second Searchbar Option

Brave doesn’t have this feature (on any operating system) which Firefox already has. It’s the ability to choose to have a an extra searchbar. It makes searching easier with choosing a specific search engine or wanting to search the same subject in a different search engine or save it for later.

The search bar will be at the right of the browser’s address bar:

Hi @daze

Thanks for your feedback. We are always working to improve Brave. If you wish to have this as a version of this feature on mobile or PC, could you kindly submit a feature request over on Community. You can share your thoughts here:

Regards!

You’re able to search for ANY search engine you want and have saved. Typically it comes with what are called “Bangs.”

Go to brave://settings/searchEngines and you’ll see them. Examples are below:

Photos 3_16_2023 17_51_40

Those can be customized, so you can add your own custom shortcuts or you can add any website/search as you want. As per the screenshot, if I want to search Apples on Brave I’d just do :br Apples and it would search apples on Brave. Other people like to do it with ! so they’d put something like !g to search on Google.

In any case, as Alice mentioned, you can always add it to Brave Feature Requests if you’d like. Maybe will be something they’ll consider and modify, but I personally don’t see the purpose and would be considered by most as clutter.

1 Like

I know that, however I was looking into something such as firefox where you press an icon in the second search bar, as pressing semi colon and desired search engine takes some time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.