Brave Mobile: Cannot enable tab groups

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue: When Brave Mobile relaunches following enabling the setting “Enable Tab Groups”, it does not enable and the Settings menu still shows it as disabled.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave Mobile (I am using Android on a Pixel 5)
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Go to Appearance.
  4. Enable “Enable Tab Groups”.
  5. Relaunch Brave as directed.

Expected result: Check the tab list and although it’s supposed to have tab groups, the setting was not enabled and the tab menu has not been changed.

Brave Version( check About Brave): “Brave 1.26.71, Chromium 91.0.4472.120”

Mobile Device details Pixel 5 (latest update)

Additional Information:
Previously, Sync Settings was enabled and although tab groups are possible it may have been the cause so I disabled it on both devices and relaunched Brave on both devices as well and the issue is still present.

2 Likes

tl;dr Accessibility setting blocked grid view and thus tab grouping
okay funny story actually I got the app that adds voice control to the Accessibility settings because I thought it’d be useful and it’s caused some changes to apps, so I was poking around the settings because I can’t edit bookmarks because holding makes a tooltip and doesn’t edit it and there was a setting that was forcing the list view, relaunched Brave after disabling it and it’s all good now

3 Likes

Glad its all good… :slight_smile:

@AzurePlusPixel,
Came here to suggest checking Accessibility settings – so nice to see you sleuthed it out yourself :slight_smile: