Brave keeps getting slower and more choppy

Hi all,

I see many others have reported similar issue but can’t find any answer so i report mine here to.
Not sure when this started but i have had this problem now for some month but i don’t remember this was a problem maybe 6 month back!

Basically when i start brave with all my tabs (40 ish) it works fine but after maybe half a day or so it starts to be noticeably more laggy.
Like just now i type but nothing appears as if brave is “thinking” and blocking everything.

Same with browsing, all of the sudden everything freezes and i can’t move the mouse and after a few second it woks.

I checked and the graphics acceleration is on.
brave://settings/system

It wont matter with or without VPN, same problem. Not specific to a site either, its general issue.

I recently re-iinstalled win11 so i have a clean installation!

No idea what else i can try. I started with a clean profile too.

I have 64GB memory and half of it is free, a 7950X3D CPU + 4090 GPU so with this spec the pc should never lag like this.

Brave makes my me feel like i’m using an old 10 year old pentium pc :smiley:

Any help is appreciated!!!

Some question that might help.

1. Does this happen on all websites?
    Yes!

2. Are you using a VPN?
    Yes, ProtonVPN but even if off it happens + i use the VPN through my rotuer so no software directly on pc!

3. Does disabling Shields make any difference? (Have you added any custom filters?)
    I have 40+ tabs so i can’t disable on all. And it won’t matter. Even when writting on this page it locks the tab so i can’t write. Don’t think thats the issue. And no custom filter.

4. Does the issue still occur in a private window?
    Yes.

5. If you create a second browser profile (without adding extensions or changing settings), does the issue persist?
    I just reinstalled so yes. Problem is not appearing right away but rather its after using half or a day.

6. Can you test this on Brave Beta or Nightly to see if the issue occurs there?
    Not sure how that solve my issue?

Using:
Version 1.70.117 Chromium: 129.0.6668.59 (Official Build) (64-bit)