Brave lag and slowdown

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Using many tabs (30-40) slows down the pc and introduces lag and locking down pc.
Basically when i start the pc it all works but after maybe 6-7 hours Brave causes lags. Every few minute or less (20sec or so) the keyboard, mouse locks up, and freezes. SO i can’t even type.
If i kill brave and restart no problem.

I have allot of memory (64GB and right now 60% available).
My CPU is 7950X3D which is also very powerful and capable.
Similarly i use Samsung 980pro M2 so that is also fast!

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Have many tabs (30.-40) and use brave fir a day or two!

Expected result:
No lag or hickup

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.69.168

Additional Information:
And cleaning cashe again helps temorarily. I have also reinstalled windows and same happens with new clean isntall! To me it seems brace has bad memory management. I should not have lag with so much fast available memory and cpu.

Can you please try disabling Graphics Acceleration in the browser (Settings --> System --> Graphics Acceleration) and let me know if this helps with the lag?

Sure i just disabled. But since i got a 4090 it would be really strange if brave can’t use it…

Also i didn’t see my post before, thought it was not saved so i sort of double posted my issue:

Can we merge this with the other somehow? added more info there too. Thanks.

So far so good, several hours and heavy use and still not lagging. Lets see with 1-2 more days :smiley:
But can’t explain why using my GPU would cause the slowdown and choppy experience…any explanation?
I use latest drivers and all too. Plus so far very little installed if any.

I think disabling the GPU has helped. For now i think its fine…

I did experience extreme slowdown of pc so i had to restart Brave after some day but for now its much much better still compared to before.

1 Like

Ok another update!
Even though the slowdown are not as visible now this has resulted in another problem.
Once i put the pc to sleep and wake it up i see the youtube video automatically fast foward (like doing skip) and goes to the end of the video and i can’t stop it. If i reload or do anything its the same. Even a new window behave similarly.
Also the whole Brave windwo(s) have 2-3 usually (one in private and another 2 regularly) behave very strange. The browser is almost behaving like it does not want to be moved, hard to explain, like my mouse that moved sporadically and not exactly moving the way i drag it.
Brave needs to be fully closed and restarted before it starts working again!
I have enabled GPU acceleration now again to see if this behavior goes away.

Lastly, i do notice the quality of videos are lower and worse without GPU Acceleration!