Brave is showing black square (no icons, links, etc) this morning

Brave: version .63 I think (latest stable release)
Windows: 10 64-bit version 1809
RAM: 16 GB
i7 processor
AMD Radeon 2 GB video card
512 GB SSD

On this computer I am also running Firefox 64-bit 67.0.1 with no issues and Chromium 64-bit 74.0.3729.157 with no issues. I do not use Edge or Explorer so no information on those browsers.

OK. I have been using Brave for a couple of months. No issues until this morning. Last night everything work fine. This morning, I launched Brave and the window was strange. It tried to Google (my homepage) but the search bar was stretched sideways (like it couldn’t finish rendering the page). I closed Brave, disconnected from the VPN, relaunched and now all I have is a black square where the browser window should be. No icons, no toolbar, etc. However, you can click where some things are and you’ll see thttps://postimg.cc/gallery/1llng13yc/he black screen flicker then stay the same. Here are three screenshots. the first is just the black square. The second you can see the “Google” pop-up window when I place my mouse over where the URL bar normally would be,. The third is me left-clicking the right-side where the menu bar usually is. You can see the right-click menu (even though it was a left mouse click). Before I go uninstalling/re-installing I hoped somebody might have a suggestion. I don’t have a lot of BATs but I would like to keep what I have. Also, I really don’t want to lose my bookmarks. Unfortunately I have no way of backing up anything because the menu is not working. Any help would be most appreciated.

Update: forgot the links to the pictures: Screenshots of black window

@ACG I’m not sure about your issue. But can you try steps mentioned here Error on yesterday's update [Windows "blank window" issue] in case if it can solve your issue.

Thanks.

@eljuno - Thank you very much. I followed the steps and have my favorite browser back and in working condition :slight_smile: Two thumbs up for you :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the update @ACG. Glad to know it’s working now.

I’m closing this thread. Feel free to open a new one if you have another issue.

Thanks for using Brave
:grinning:

1 Like