Brave is extremely slow on Android - huge idle time

Description of the issue:
Webpage loading is extremely slow, I’m talking about 20 seconds load time and more. This also applies for all the loading of additional content through AJAX and such.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Latest Brave browser Brave 1.50.114 Chromium 112.0.5615.49 on Android 11
  2. Try to load any page
  3. See the load time

Expected result:
Loading time 10x faster (like on any other browser)
Brave Version
Brave 1.50.114 Chromium 112.0.5615.49
Mobile Device details
Android 11 (CalyxOS 2.14.0) on Xiaomi Mi A2
Additional Information:
I have tried disabling everything, cleaning cache and storage, rebooting my phone, reinstalling the app, downloading nightly and beta builds, disabling firewall, changing to different Wi-Fi, cellular data, but nothing works. Brave is now roughly 20x slower than any other browser like Firefox.It was working before the update but now it’s just so unbearably slow I can’t use it anymore.

I’ve made a profile of loading and it seems that at least half of the time is just idle.

EDIT: Just tried changing the DNS, didn’t help at all, whatever I’ve tried

2 Likes

Hello there @KodzghlyCZ please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. In this case, please try going to shields and privacyupgrade connections to HTTPS → turn it off to see if that makes any change.

Let me know if that works.

Tried it along with incognito mode and the loading time is still the same.

It feels exactly the same for me. I did not create a profile, but at the beginning when initiating a connection, the bar just stays constant and then after a while it actually starts loading the webpage. Compared to Firefox and Bromite it is insanely slow…
Any help/ideas are appreciated!

Brave Version: 1.50.114
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Operating System: Android 10 (degoogled by removing unnecessary Samsung and Google apps, as well as Google Play Services via adb shell. Keep in mind, Browser was slow before as well…)

As additional information: On my phone (LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Google Play Services), Android 13), Brave is very fast and works flawlessly. Also on my tablet running the same OS as my phone Brave runs very well. So, dependency on Google Play Services should not play a role, I guess.

Have o add, that its happening to me as well, only when i open the browser after it has been closed manually(close all tabs, or force stop).
It takes more than 30 seconds until page get loaded.

So I’ve tried to mess around with the settings for the last time and found out that turning off the safe browsing feature helps dramatically with the loading time.

This is not ideal tho, I’d still like the protection Brave offers. Don’t know if I haven’t turned something else off aswell, but turning safe browsing on definitely causes the issue.

I’m unable to diagnose this issue further, but I can provide anything I can to people that are willing to dig deeper into this and hopefully solve the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.