Brave freezes with Duolingo

ver: 1.26.77 chromium 91.0.4472 official build 64-bit
os: mxlinux debian gnu/linux 10 (buster) 4.19.0-17-amd-64
mem: 8gb
gpu: gt-710 x4 1gb

Brave browser freezes when doing Duolingo exercises. Reproducible. Sometimes only a momentary but most of the time is stays frozen. No mouse response. App switching doesn’t work. Haven’t seen this behavior in other sites.

@Qiset,
Thank you for reporting this.
Does the whole browser freeze or just the site? Additionally, can you get the site into a frozen state and then share a screenshot of the dev tools Console window so we can see any errors in the output?

1 Like

The whole browser including the mouse freezes. I also found another site that caused this to happen too. I went to 8notes.com and while trying to look at sheet music, it froze. I’ll see about getting a screen shot of the console when it happens and post that. I was able to reboot the computer using the alt+prtscr+b but that was the only thing that worked that I could tell.

@Qiset,
First – awesome website (8notes) that I will now be frequenting so thanks for that!
Further, I’m able to use both Duolingo and 8notes websites without any issue. There is a chance that you have an extension installed that is causing the conflict with these websites – can you try disabling any extensions running and test to see if you get the same results? In addition, you can try:

1. Visiting the sites in a private browsing window and testing the results
  2. Creating a new temporary profile and visit the sites using this profile and test to see if you get the same results (ensure you only have one window, using the new profile, open when doing this).
1 Like

It’s time to take Brave off the hook. I had this happen while using Firefox. I’m pretty sure that it is tied to my audio driver. Oh, I accidentally discovered that I can stop the issue in Brave by opening a second tab to work from leaving the opening tab alone. This seems weird to me but works as far as I can tell. I didn’t get a chance to test the “new profile” you mentioned but I suspect it would work similar to the second tab method I tried.
As a struggling new trombone player, 8notes is a great resource.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.