Brave for Mac password manager hangs

Would you please help me access a password from within my Brave Password Manager? From within the password manager, when I select an account for retrieving the password, I’m asked to enter my account and password, and I enter my Mac login information that I use to open the Mac operating system at the beginning of a session. Instead of revealing the password, I get the spinning wheel shown in the photo. Can you please help me access my passwords from within Brave?

Thank you.

I’m using Version 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (x86_64)
on a MacBook Pro with the Ventura 13.0 operating system.

1 Like

Hello there @jeff.gramlich please accept my apologies for this issue. Please try disabling hardware acceleration on your Mac to see if the issue gets solved, to disable Hardware Acceleration through the macOS terminal. Follow the instructions below:

Open the Terminal and enter this command: open -a "Brave browser.app" --args --disable-gpu

Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Kevin,

Brave is still giving me the spinning wheel of death when I try to access my passwords. This is after running this code in Terminal:
term

Suggestions please?

Jeff Gramlich

1 Like

Hi again @jeff.gramlich could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the password manager works? If they do load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu → Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.

I disabled all of the Brave extensions. It still hangs with the spinning wheel. What else can I try, please?

1 Like

@jeff.gramlich could you please create a new profile for Brave on your computer to see if that works? You can do it by going to Main menuCreate a new profileAdd a nameDone

Be waiting for your response.

Hi there @jeff.gramlich are you still experiencing this same issue or it no longer appears? Please let me know.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.