Password export hangs up - will not complete the process

I put in the password and the process does not move forward. Nor can I view individual passwords for more than a second. I cannot find any solutions online. :frowning:
Windows 10
Brave version 1.48.167

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

2 Likes

@kamiilligan please accept my apologies for this issue. When you say to put in the passwords, are you referring to entering a password on a site and this not loading?

Please provide me with further details in order to further investigate.

1 Like

Hello, Kevin: Thank you so much for reaching out!

When I open the password manager and attempt to view a password, I enter my Windows password as prompted, click ok and I do not get to see the password. When I try to export the list, I enter the password and click ok, that box closes and the Export passwords window is still there as though I didn’t click anything. I find no document in my downloads.

image001.png

1 Like

@kamiilligan Hi again try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue. You’ll find this in brave://settings/system > Use hardware acceleration when available > toggle off > relaunch Brave.

Good morning, Kevin: I disabled (turned off) hardware acceleration, closed the browser and reopened. The hardware acceleration has retained the ‘disabled’ status. When I attempted to download the password file the browser behaved in the same manner. I also cannot access individual passwords.

Thank you,

Kelly

image001.png

1 Like

Hi there @kamiilligan could you please try creating a new profile to see if you are able to access the password manager there?

To do so, go to main menu > create a new profile > Done, let me know if that works.

Well, I did that, and obviously something else because now I have no passwords or bookmarks.

image001.png

1 Like

@kamiilligan that’s due to being located on a new profile without passwords saved on it. To switch profiles click on the profile icon next to the menu icon in the top left corner of your screen and switch back to your main profile.

On the new profile create, let me know if you are able to access the password manager without any issue.

OH my. I suppose I have lost all my BAT too. The websites and bookmarks are a huge loss as this is my work.

image001.png

Good morning, Kevin. Thank you for quick replies. I uninstalled the browser because of the profile choices I made and couldn’t figure out how to undo. I have reinstalled it and it has retained my profile, which I cannot figure out how to remove. Is it correct that if I have a profile, I can use brave on my other devices and everything will sync?

Thanks,

Kelly

image001.png

1 Like

Were you able to log back to your previous profile where you were not able to access the passwords? If you want to locate your previous profile click on the profile icon next to the menu icon in the top left corner of your screen.

Let me inform you that you will be able to sync your data if your devices are both located on the same sync chain, except from your BAT as this will be located in your wallet, if you have one.

Thank you Kevin. If all of Brave’s customer service members are as efficient and helpful as you have been to me, what a fortunate company they are! Hope you have a great weekend!

image001.png

1 Like

It’s been my pleasure! If you have any other comments or concerns please let me know or create a new community post in order to further assist you.

Regards :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.