Norton Password Manager login page hangs in Brave suddenly

I have been using Brave with the Chrome extension for Norton Password manager for some time now on a Windows 11 desktop. As of mid August, the login page for Norton’s password manager hangs when I attempt to log in. I can still log into this Norton’s password manager page with Chrome with no problem. I don’t want to switch back to Chrome unless I have to. In order to stay with Brave, I need to get the Norton password manager working again.

The page hangs when I enter my password and hit “Open Vault”.

I am using a Windows 11 64 bit desktop with 32 Gb RAM and loads of free disk space.

I am using Brave ( Release Notes v1.42.97 (Aug 17th, 2022). This new version was installed around the time that I started having this problem with Norton Password Manager. The timing may just be a coincidence.

Whether I use the default shields configuration or turn them off, this does not help.

chrome version where the Norton Password manager still works.
Chrome version Version 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit).

This login page uses the Norton Password Manager extension:
Version 7.5.2.62. This version is installed and active in both Chrome and Brave.

This is what displays in the url field Brave when I am attempting to log into the Norton Password Manager (in both Brave and in Chrome)
(Norton Password Manager | chrome-extension://admmjipmmciaobhojoghlmleefbicajg/content/ui/vault-unlock.html )

I have tried the following with no success in Brave:

-Cleared cache in Brave
-I removed and reloaded the Norton Password Manager extension (see above) in Brave
-Removed the shields.

From my experience, one thing that makes Norton Password Manager hang is if you enter the wrong password. However, this is not the case here, because i am entering the same password in Chrome and in Brave. And it’s only hanging in Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.