Brave does not install

I can’t to install the browser, it keeps trying to search the internet and never succeeds, I’ve already added it as an exception in the windows firewall and my antivirus but it still doesn’t install. What should I do?

1 Like

yes. I can’t install the browser… again, what is the problem (windows 7 10)

3 Likes

@adsonlucas
Can you try using the standalone installer as a workaround for this?
Go to https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.10.97 and look for BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe or BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup32.exe, depending on machine.

1 Like

My S.O is windows 10. it displays this same error message just like you

1 Like

man, you’re a God. I searched the internet a lot for an independent installer but couldn’t find it at all. Thank you very much

I’m having the same problem as adsonlucas and vitas. Windows 10 machine

2 Likes

man, aa-ron gave me the solution, there is a link in his reply that leads to an independent installer, different from what is downloaded from the brave website, he does not download the installer, he directly installs the browser. worked with me perfectly. :grinning:

1 Like

For anyone encountering this issue, please do as @Aa-ron stated and test the stand-alone installer and see if you get the same results.

Thank you.

I see the replies with the standalone, but we shouldn’t have to resort to that.
Very frustrating. I will try the standalone, but for shitsngigs, can anyone PLEASE give me feedback on why this whitelist did not work? Did I set up the whitelist/exclusion wrong?

2 Likes

Okay, Aa-ron (funny btw), I am on win10,64 . . . what the heck am I supposed to do with all this?
I wish the dang brave browser would just install uhg

1 Like

Can u repair this ? I tried to install browser on 2 devices but always have I the same error. We can’t promote browser if installer not working.

2 Likes

Can’t Install Brave. Windows 10 V1909. MalwareBytes Premium.

Exited MalwareBytes, disabled Windows Firewall, no go.

Not down loading a file from a development site.

Instead of downloading installer stub from brave.com set the site to download the full installer. (or fix some other way.) I use on my phones and tablets. Should be as simple on Windows 10.

2 Likes

I have the same issue that the installer on the Brave website does not work because there is no internet. There is of course and when I went to the stand alone browser, it worked. Sounds like a generic issue and not related to a specific machine. I run the latest windows 10.

having not connected issue when it is connected, tried site mentioned above having same issue. Bummer would’ve liked to try browser

Very good. But … and those of us who promote the browser with our link? If the installer doesn’t work we can’t continue promoting :s

3 Likes

I had the same issue, 3 days ago my brave browser was closing itself with no reason and had to uninstall and install again, it worked and everything was good I had my same brave wallet, extensions passwords and uphold synchronized, right next it stated closing again with no reason I uninstall again and did the same, all good again, it happened again so the third I tried to uninstall/install this internet connection issue started to appear I did what it was said to fix it, check firewall etc and it didn’t work, finally I did with the offline setup but now this is a totally new browser account. No bookmarks, password, extensions, brave reward wallet or uphold synchronized. Now I went to my fiscally notebook to recover my brave rewards wallet using the recovery key and is not working, this is terrible and I have dealing with it my hole rest day because I need some trades to review but here I am trying to recover everything just because the browser set-up is having this unable to connect issue. (I know that if I use the normal update set-up I will be had everything as it was before this issue because I did 2 times before and everything was ok (How can I make it work without using the brave offline setup). I want my account back I really don’t mind loosing my BAT’s. I want my bookmarks passwords and what mentioned already
PLEASE HELP!

Señores de Brave invite a muchos amigos con mi enlace de referencia y no pueden instalarlo por favor solucionen ese problema de esta manera no se puede promocionar el navegador a ninguna persona y no es justo para los editores

1 Like

Yes, this error have all… i have te same, and have try all, and others computers, others users, and the same error.

I’m youtuber, and this afect my referals, please fix this error soon if is possible.

1 Like

ok, come on, I saw a lot of comments, I won’t be able to answer all of them, but basically the following happens, I added BraveSoftwareUpdate on the firewall on my antivirus and on the windows too, this error is probably related to the OS windows 10, because even having added the exception he still gave the same error, it is the duty of the developers to correct this as soon as possible, they have to take a position and provide clarification as soon as possible. For now the solution is to use the independent installer that is in the friend’s answer aa-ron.

man, I think you should create a new topic for your problem, this topic has already been answered, I don’t know if the developers will see your request in a topic already answered.

@FalconSays You configured correctly but in your antivirus, you should also do it in the windows firewall, but I already did it and it still doesn’t work, there is a response from me just above with images.

2 Likes